Do you feel sluggish, have an increased appetite, weight gain, and a craving for carbohydrates? You may be suffering from the winter blahs. Although spring is just around the corner, you may need a perk while you are waiting for the sun to break through. Consider these suggestions to help chase those blahs away.
1. Spend as much time outdoors as possible, especially in the morning. Morning light is best for waking up your body clock and giving you that energy boost you need to last you the whole day through.
2. Exercise, especially if you can include some outdoor activities. Even just a short walk outside once a day can help improve your mood.
3. Change your routine. Pick a new route to work, take a class, or catch up on visiting with long-lost friends. You’ll be connecting with new people and getting out more.
4. Avoid too much caffeine. A strong cup of coffee might jump start you in the morning, but increasing your caffeine intake to treat the blahs will most likely lead to other problems, such as anxiety, muscle tension, and stomach upset.
5. Get enough rest. Fatigue can make the winter blahs even worse. Going to bed and rising around the same time each day ensures that you are getting the sleep you need.
6. Include laughter in your day. Watching a funny movie, enjoying time with friends and family, or reading a humorous book can go a long way towards making your day brighter.
Above all, take heart in the fact that the spring and summer sunshine will help all of us sleepyheads get back on track and enjoy our days just a little bit more. By keeping active and optimistic--even if it means braving the cold--your winter days will seem brighter and warmer. The winter blahs can be beat!
At Parmer Place Apartments in Austin, Texas, we believe it’s important to live life vigorously. In order to do so, you must educate yourself regularly with lifestyle-enhancing tips such as these. With this blog post, we seek to improve your way of life through education that promotes self-care.